The Dunlap Public Library District is seeking an energetic, creative, service-driven professional to serve as our Library Page. Pages will ensure that library patrons receive excellent customer service by assisting with collection organization and cleanliness.
About the library: The Dunlap Public Library District serves a diverse rural and suburban population in the north Peoria, IL region. The library sees, on average, more than 10,000 circulation transactions, about 5,000 patron visits, and program attendance of 460 per month. DPL has a Makerspace including a 3D printer, sewing equipment, Makey Makeys, and is growing their collection in the coming months.
Supervisor: Director, Youth Services Librarian; takes direction from Circulation clerks
Schedule: Part time, Friday afternoons and Saturdays with some flexibility in the summer months
Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- At least 16 years old
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to learn the Dewey Decimal system and other library filing systems
- Shelves library materials in proper order
- Does shelf reading to assure materials are in proper order
- Locates requested items
- Assists in other program activities as needed
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public and cooperates and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team.
- Adheres to library policies and procedures.
- Performs any other tasks as requested.
To apply: submit an application at the library, 302 S. First Street, Dunlap. Applications are available at the circulation desk. Position open until May 15, or until position is filled.
Download PDF: Dunlap Public Library – Page
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.